Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

Event ID : 3759 Database 'something' on SQL Server instance 'someDB' is not empty and does not match current database schema.


One fine morning if you observe "Event ID : 3759  Database 'something' on SQL Server instance 'someDB' is not empty and does not match current database schema." in your front end servers, then there must something wrong on the build/patch which auto updates on your SharePoint. You can follow the steps  below to identify the build number and on which front end server it is missing.

1. Open Central Admin with Admin rights.
2. Click on Update and Migration from the left navigation.
3. Under Upgrade and Patch Management click on Check Product and Patch Installation Status.
4. Hit control + F and type the word Missing.
5. It should show you the front end server name and the build patch which is missing.

For me it was the Security Update for Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 (KB2810059) 64-Bit Edition

Now patch installation involves two processes, one download the security patch and install it. Two run the PSConfig.exe to complete the same. It is important that you run PSConfig.exe or run the SharePoint configuration wizard to complete the patch installation.

Cheers !

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rajdeep,

    In my case, I had been having many problems ever since I manually installed a Project Server KB (2817580). Among the errors in the SharePoint log, there was this one that is in the title of your post, which is the reason why I ended up here.

    So I followed the steps from you post, but I had no upgrade or patch missing in step 4 which I must say removed all hope I had that I could find a solution here.

    Despite that, I kept on reading, and I’m so glad I did. It seems that the solution to my problem was in the last paragraph of your post; especially "run the SharePoint configuration wizard", which ended many hours of searching and investigating for me.

    I cannot believe that this step is not documented at all in the KB. Perhaps it is something that is particular to my environment.. Anyways, I want to give you all my gratitude. Thank you so much for your post, you’ve saved me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that it helped you :) I am planning to document the patch installation process in details.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rajdeep,

    In my case I don't have any missing patch in my farm. Can you let me know, where to check?

    Regards,
    Venkat.

    ReplyDelete